Regulation, technologies and business models for mainstreaming citywide sanitation and excreta management.
CSE in collaboration with GIZ, Water Research Commission (WRC), South Africa, WaterAid and University of Leeds are organising the second round of knowledge conclave titled ‘SFD Week 2020’ from 7-9 October 2020.
The conclave is supported by key international (SuSanA, IWA, FSMA), national sector players, central and state government agencies. This initiative is supported by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The week gets its name from the Shit Flow Diagrams (SFDs), which visually represents what happens to human excreta, tracing its journey from cradle to re-use. Globally, this advocacy tool has helped more than 84 cities in understanding the improvements required across their sanitation chains.
- Last date for submission of abstract (paper/poster): August 07, 2020.
- Confirmation of acceptance of abstract: August 14 , 2020.
- Last date to register: August 17, 2020.
- Confirmation of registration to attend: August 18, 2020.
If you are interested in attending SFD Week 2020: Click here
If you are interested in training on how to make SFD: Click here
- Mapping excreta: Role of SFDs in monitoring progress and better sanitation planning
- Regulation around excreta management at National, State and City level
- Technologies in Non Sewered Sanitation
- Business models for sustainable FSSM
- Treatment for promoting reuse
- Forum of cities that manage septage