This report provides a comprehensive evaluation of a long-term national programme of Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) style sanitation interventions in Timor-Leste. Interventions were conducted by the Government of Timor-Leste, NGOs and multi-lateral and bi-lateral stakeholders in Timor-Leste from 2012 to 2020. This broad programme was a response to the government’s National Basic Sanitation Policy (NBSP) which was approved and introduced in 2012.
This is a helpful example of a comprehensive evaluation. What you will find in this report:
- An evaluation of nearly 10 years of CLTS
- Linkages between community-levels, and local and national government levels
- The challenges of slippage, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and ‘last mile’ communities
- A useful lessons-learned section,
- Thorough annexes. Although the PDF document is 165 pages, half of it is annexes.
This is a very useful read if you are looking for an example of long-term CLTS appraisal. And of course it is very valuable if you work within this region.